Saturday, January 29, 2011

Darn you Jeni!

I love Jeni's Ice Cream.  It is the Dom Perignon of the ice cream world.  There is absolutely nothing like it. If you've never been there,  you simply don't know what you're missing. The original store is in the North Market in Columbus with  7 other stores throughout the Columbus area.  I encourage everyone to go and visit Jeni's.

But before you go, there are a few things you should know.  First, you will not find vanilla, chocolate and strawberry flavors. Jeni's combines the oddest ingredients together to make the most amazing flavors.  My personal favorites are Pistachio and Honey, Blackstrap Pecan, Salty Caramel, Mackenzie Goat Cheese with Cognac Figs and Cherry Lambic.  Secondly, it is $4 a scoop.  However, you can get two 1/2 scoops for the price of one.  Thirdly, you can taste every flavor for free. Trust me, go for it!  Lastly, if you are on Weight Watchers, you should know that each bite is probably worth 29 points each!  And lastly, lastly, it is addictive!

My saving grace with Jeni's is that the nearest store is in Bexley.  So, I can't just run into town whenever I have the urge to indulge.  Well, that was until today. I found out from my buddy Beth Adkins that River Road Coffee in Granville, Ohio now sells pints and half-pints of Jeni's ice cream! Oh, man, here we go! So I headed off to Granville this afternoon to check it out.   On the way, my defense mechanisms kicked in, and I convinced myself that they probably only carried a couple of flavors and none of which would be my favorites.  Wrong!  I got there and they had 3 of my 5 favorites. Damn it anyway!  Luckily, they had one of them in a 1/2 pint. This is a blessing because if not I would have consumed an entire pint of Goat Cheese with Cognac Figs!  Instead I savored every yummy bite of Pistachio and Honey.  Of course when it comes to Jeni's I'm not sure eating only a 1/2 pint is any less destructive to my waist line then the entire pint!

So a new chapter in my weight loss battle begins...fighting the temptation to indulge in the greatest ice cream at every turn.  Darn you Beth Adkins for telling me about it.  Darn you River Road Coffee for selling it.  Darn you Jeni for making the greatest ice cream in the world.  As long as the coffee shop continues to sell the ice cream, I will never make my goal weight!

Oh and the noise you hear in the background.  It is Weight Watchers doing a happy dance!  They can expect my $11 a week for a long time to come.

Make Every Day Count.....
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment