Thursday, January 27, 2011

2.2 Is The Loneliest Number

As promised, a new installment chronicling my weight loss journey.  I posted on Jan. 14 that I had lost 5.2 pounds.  What I didn't tell you is that it was a single week loss, and it happened because I had the flu a few days prior!  So I knew that I would gain some weight back when my appetite returned.  Imagine my surprise  last week when I lost another 2.2 pounds. (That's a total of  7.4 pounds for the mathematical challenged!)  Now most people would be thrilled with another loss, but not me.  Here's the problem:  I didn't work the program and still lost weight.  Oh, that's bad!

Weight Watchers encourages you to journal your food choices and calculate point values to help you keep track of what and how much food goes into your body. I'm only allowed 29 points a day! It works and really is the only way to be successful.  I got off course last week and stopped tracking.  I just tried to make better choices.  Even though it worked, it was a recipe for disaster.  You see I engaged in psychological warfare with myself.  I decided that a little cheating didn't hurt.   After all I lost the 2.2 pounds.  So, in my mind that translated into I can have what I want with some moderation.  To me moderation meant two meals at Chipotle in 3 days, 2 wine slushies and cheese, trail bologna and crackers for dinner at Buckeye Winery, multiple binges on Goldfish cheddar blast and chocolate, and....well, you get the point!

So, I weighed in last night and I gained 2.2 pounds!  Yep, everything I lost the week before came back home to roost in my ass!  I knew it before I weighed in because my pants were tight around the waist again.  I also knew it would happen when I left the  meeting last week.  I know myself too well.  It's the same mind games over and over.

I have vowed once again to change my ways.  I journaled all of my choices and calculated all of my points today.   As of this writing I ate all 29 points, but did not go over!  Good start.  Of course it is only day one.    The problem though is I'm hungry and no more points for the day.  So, I'm eating an apple  and drinking water instead of scarfing down a bag of chips.  (Note:  all fruits and vegetables are point free so I can eat it without guilt!  No enjoyment, but no guilt!)  Man, 2.2 is such a lonely number!

Make Every Day Count...
Denise

1 comment:

  1. You know I understand completely. I've been dancing arount with the same 1.8 pounds for 4 weeks!

    ReplyDelete