Monday, January 24, 2011

So Giddy, I Don't Know What To Do!

I'm am so giddy that I really don't know what to do!  Do you know the feeling you get when you realize that you have an extra payday in a month?  I get paid every two weeks.  So three times a year I get an extra pay in a month.  I always get so excited because it means  I have extra money to spend as I want.  Usually I'm very frugal with the money and use it wisely,  but I will spend many hours thinking about the different ways I could spend the money.

Well, today I got the same feeling of euphoria that I usually experience with extra money.  Instead  of cash, my joy comes in the form of time.  I looked at my calendar this morning, and I realized that I have nothing scheduled  for the next 4 days.   No meetings, no friendship groups, no National Honor Society activities, no appointments... NO NOTHING!  I generally get out of school around 3:00.  (I let the kids get off the road before I venture out!)  I go to bed around 9:00.  So usually the 6 hours of time between school and bed is spent in all of the above mentioned activities.  So, if my math is correct,  4 days X 6 hours = 24 hours of free time this week!  Like my 3 week paychecks, this only happens a few times a year.

Today I spent a hour and half working uninterrupted in my classroom.  I finally got to tackle the "low importance" pile.  We all have them.  Things that need to be done, but there is no hurry.  Then I went home and sewed!  I can't even remember the last time I got to sew for 10-15 minutes in an evening much less for 2 entire hours!  Woo-hoo!  I made some serious progress on Andrea's baby quilt!  It's a good thing too...the baby is due next week!  I actually cooked a meal and did the dishes.  I spent the rest of my evening watching an old movie with my hubby and typing this post....AND, it's only 8:30!  I still have 30 minutes before bed.  What should I do?

I have no idea how I will spend the remaining 18 hours of my unexpected free time.  But I will guarantee you that I will enjoy every single minute of it.  I'm just giddy!

Make Every Day Count...
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment