Friday, February 11, 2011

Do you admit to reading my blog?

Hello Peeps!  How's it going?  I have to say for me things are going super awesome!  You see, the sun is out and the temperature is above 32 degrees!!  It makes me very happy. In fact, and prepare yourselves because you aren't going to believe this one,  I am actually sitting outside in the sun writing this post.  No shit!   I' m wearing jeans, sweatshirt, wool coat, big ass scarf, and gloves! Yes, I'm very talented; I can type with my gloves on!   I have my sunglasses on too.  It's bright out here! If  you need further proof of my lunacy, look at my profile picture.  That's me,  sunning myself on a beautiful winter day!  Of course, I don't know how long it will last.  My computer is getting cold and doesn't want to work.  What the heck!  I paid a lot of money for this thing.   It should work 24/7 regardless of frigid temperatures!  May be the MAC isn't all it's hyped up to be!  I think I'll email Bill Gates and let him know about my disappointment in his product.

Of course, this latest escapade begs the question...do you really admit to people that you read the blog of a ranting lunatic?  The answer is yes, some of you do!!!  Just today I had Follower Lissa ask me if I had blogger's block.  She said it has been a week since my last post!  My first thought was "life sometimes  just gets in the way of my free time.  I haven't had time to share my inner personal thoughts."  Then my second thought was "Whoa, Lissa, you need to get a life!  I wouldn't admit to people that you are concerned about my blogger's block.  Do you really want people to know that you read it?"  (BTW, don't tell Lissa, but she thinks she invented the term blogger's block.  I wouldn't want her to know that it has been around for an Internet eternity!)

Last night Follower Kay asked me about my Weight Watcher's struggle.  If you remember in post #5 (I'm not 30 anymore), I gave my followers  permission to ask me about my diet when they saw me in public.  Well, she did.  First, I had to admit that I'm a WW dropout...AGAIN!  Just not willing to do the work.  Then, I'm like she just admitted in front of 5 others that she reads my blog!  How cool...or pathetic....is that!  There are actually people out there publicly admitting they read my blog.  Awesome!

Now if you are one of my followers who doesn't want anyone to know, I'm fine with that too.   I like to think of myself as your guilty little pleasure.  You know, kind of like a trashy beach novel by Lori Forrester.   You only read it when no one is looking and then dream about it at night!!!  So the next time I see you, if you give me a sly smile, I'll know you are one of my closeted readers.  It will be our little dirty secret!

Make Every Day Count....
Denise

PS:  I just want you to know that I can display some decorum when in public.  Last Saturday night I sat beside Jym Ghanal at the OSU-Michigan State hockey game.  Not once did I give him a piece of my mind. You see we were in the midst of another hyped up meteorologist white death prediction.  Not a flake materialized.... well, there were flakes, but most of them were in the MSU student section of the hockey rink! ( See post #4 Denise vs. the Weatherman)   Of course, I can't take credit for my demure behavior that night.  Rick was beside me threatening me with all of kinds of damnation if I opened my mouth! Sometimes I listen to him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment