Saturday, March 19, 2011

Really, Dude?

It never fails.  Whenever Rick and I go out in public, we always ended up sitting beside the obnoxious drunk guy or the out-of-control children.  We seem to be some kind of magnet for disruption.  Well, Thursday night the Blue Jackets vs. Red Wings hockey game was no different.  I was the lucky one who had the obnoxious drunk guy sitting in front of me.

We went with our friends Keith and Toni.  They are season ticket holders and they often ask us to go along.  Now we are Blue Jacket fans expect when they play the Red Wings. Then all bets are off.   As we got settled in our seats, Toni says "oh-no, he's here." In all of the years we have been attending the games, this guy has never been there when we were.  However, Toni has told me about him many times.  This guy is so bad that all of the ticket holders around him have complained to the their sales representatives.  In fact this guy has been warned that he may lose his license if he doesn't tone it down!

He starts at the drop of the puck.  He berates the fans from the other teams.  Screaming and hollering about how disrespectful it is to wear opposing jerseys in the "his" house.  They should all go back to where they came from.  Really, dude?  Take a look around you.  The arena is only half full, and half of the people are Red Wings fans. Do you think it is a good idea to piss off the Red Wings fans who are spending a lot of money in "your"arena?    Let's face it, if the Wings fans weren't there, "you" wouldn't make enough money to pay the electric bill.  Besides the money factor, there is another bone of contention.  You see loud, drunk, obnoxious guy is a closeted Bruins fan.  Apparently the week before he was spotted sitting on the other side of the arena in his Bruin's apparel.  Really, dude?  I think that's like the pot calling the kettle black!   When it was brought up to him, he claimed it was different.  He wore a sweater and not a jersey.  Whatever!!!  I wish I had worn my Red Wings jersey that night.  The minute he would have said something to me it would have been on!

Towards the end of the evening, people started to leave before the game was over.  This infuriated him and he stood up and started screaming at everyone.  He told everyone to sit down and cheer the team on.  He reminded everyone and LOUDLY and I quote, "When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor did we give up?"  I swear to you that's what he said.  Everyone just looked at him stunned!    Of course, yours truly had to say something!  I'm like "Hey Dude, it was the Japanese and you should really be quiet now"  Everyone around just started laughing.  He was totally clueless and had no idea what I was talking about.  His friend just sat there and shook his head.  I wanted to yell at him and say he's your friend do something!

As the evening wore down, there was a little chit chat on the ice. Apparently, the players weren't being aggressive enough, so obnoxious drunk guy yelled somebody hit somebody.  So yours truly made a fist and pretended to hit him.  He had no idea, but everyone else laughed their butts off.  He turned around and was trying to figure out what was going one which only made everyone laugh even more.

I want to tell you that my new technology obsession  probably kept me from getting into it with obnoxious, drunk guy.   Normally, I would have voiced my irritation with the guy.  I don't have much patience with people like the obnoxious drunk guy, and I usually tell them off.  Trust me I have gotten into a few verbal confrontations with parents at Little League games!   Instead, I spent the night posting about him on Facebook!  After all, I thought it was important for all of my friends to know that our history teachers have been lying to us for years about Pearl Harbor!

The night ended with him leaving a minute early! Red Wings fans had thrown a few octopi onto the ice.  It made him mad!   I guess he just  didn't have the fortitude that the Americans had in 1941.  He was defeated by an octopus.

So, let this be a lesson to all of the obnoxious, drunk guys out there.  If I witness your stupidity, you can guarantee I will be your Taylor Swift.  Instead of writing a song about you, I will dedicate an entire   blog about you.   I will let the entire Internet know what an ass your are.  I will get the last word!

Make Every Day Count...
Denise

Update:  I was told the drunk obnoxious guy was quoting  John Belushi from Animal House when he made the comment about the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor.  That just proves I'm right about drunk obnoxious guy!  He's an idiot!

No comments:

Post a Comment