Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Compromise

I am in the throes of menopause.   Rick is in the throes of...hmmm?  Not sure what to call it.   All I know is that I am constantly burning up and Rick is constantly shivering!  So temperature control in our house is a constant battle.  I'm always turning the thermostat down, and Rick is always turning it back up.  I think the dog gets dizzy watching us go back and forth.

Well yesterday I think we found our solution!  We bought an electric fireplace!   Isn't it pretty?
It is a corner fireplace.  So it is situated  directly across from Rick's recliner.  He can hunker down in his chair wrapped in a quilt with the heat blowing directly on him while he watches TV and/or naps in comfort.  If he gets cold, all he has to do is use the remote control and turn the temperature up!  He can also set the timer and adjust the flame.  It really is a new toy for him to play with!

 I, on the other hand, can turn the thermostat down a few degrees.  I can go upstairs, turn my fan on high and Facebook, tweet, blog, sew, quilt, scrapbook, read and/or game and be completely comfortable!  How awesome is that!   I no longer will I be forced the bowels of the basement anymore because the third floor is a towering inferno!

Of course, it's only been day 1 of the new fireplace.  So the verdict isn't in yet if this is going to work.  What I do know is that I was able to sew for 3 hours today and not a single drop of sweat going down my back! Nor did I have to open my window and let winter's breath in.  I'm a happy girl!  

I do know that I look forward to the day when I can crawl up on the couch and huddle under several quilts and be toasty warm again.  It would be nice to be able to look into the fireplace and see a friend and not the flames of hell!  Now if only we can figure out how to keep snow year round for Sophie who is happiest laying in the snow on a cold winter's day.

Make Every Day Count.....
Denise




1 comment:

  1. Red Boost distinguishes itself by harnessing the potential of natural ingredients to enhance overall well-being. Marketed as a comprehensive health supplement, Red Boost is designed to support various aspects of health, including energy levels, immune function, and vitality. Its unique selling proposition lies in the incorporation of a blend of scientifically-backed components aimed at promoting holistic health. Red Boost Reviews

    ReplyDelete