Sunday, April 3, 2011

Dear Mother Nature

Dear Mother Nature

What have I ever done to you?  I respect your land.  I plant and tend to my yard year round.  I have numerous flower beds that bloom in celebration of your life.  I mow my lawn and try to thwart the moles in your name.   I recycle so I can help preserve the  Earth.  But is that enough for you?  Apparently not!

Tell me  Mother Nature what have I done wrong to deserve your wrath.  I have been off all week long and only wished for some spring weather so that I could enjoy the outdoors.  I have an acre of winter debris to pick up.  I have ankle high tufts of grass to mow. I have spring bulb blooms to admire and photograph.  But did I get any cooperation from you?  No!  Instead you brought me hail, snow, sleet, rain, frigid temperatures and gloomy skies.   Not one day was nice enough to work outside until today!  Sunday, the last day of break.  You gave me this gorgeous weather today knowing I had to stay indoors all day to lay the hardwood floors.  Who do you think you are?  Joan Rivers?  Well, I for one do not find you funny!  Your taunting is not very lady like.   It is really quite unbecoming.

I checked the weather forecast for the week, and.....um, I guess I feel a little bit better.  May be it's not  personal after all.  It says it's going to rain and thunderstorm all week!  I guess it would be a personal insult if it was going to be sunny and nice as I head back to work.  I'm sorry Mother Nature.  Once again, I thought it was all about me.  Oops!  I guess this is what happens when you anger blog!  I love you Mother Nature and promise to be more patient.

Make Every Day Count...
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment